trouble installing linux

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Fri Apr 9 11:48:53 EDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 03:41:39PM +1200, Arthur Pirika wrote:
> Grml just refuses to speak, but it does seem to load. as far as i
> know,

	Try an earlier verson of GRML.  I had a similar problem booting
the sucker on a Dell Lattitude D630 with all Intel hardware.  Older
versions of GRML would come up speaking, but newer versions wouldn't.
Whatever they changed in the setup messed something up.  You could
always go with Debian.  I've never had it stop speaking since first
installing with Shane's Etch installation CD. Debian came up talking
from the start and hasn't stopped talking yet.

				Michael