an observation, and question

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Fri Apr 9 05:52:08 EDT 2010

As Debian has officially stated, you must have a minimum of 128 MB of
RAM to do an install.  Debian itself might run on less after
installation.  Yes, I realize this is a late reply, but the statement
that you can only install Slackware isn't true, provided you have at
least 128 MB of memory.  You could also set up a virtual machine to do
the install and somehow use dd to copy the raw virtual image to the
Pentium hard drive.  You could also try an older version of Debian and
upgrade.