an observation, and question

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Tue Apr 6 16:15:21 EDT 2010

As far as I know, slackware is one of the fiew (if not the only) distro
that'll install easily on old hardware.  I'm not sure how it'll work on
an original pentium machine as I got rid of all mine a couple years ago,
but I recently installed slackware 13 on a p2/233 with 512mb ram in
around 3 hours (this was using the 2 cds, as this machine doesn't have a
dvd-rom drive).

On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 12:49:04PM -0700, Gregory Nowak wrote:

Oh, I've seen copies [of Linux Journal] around the terminal room at The Labs.
	-- Dennis Ritchie