No speech in Arch, sound card questions.

Chris Brannon cmbrannon79 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 19:35:42 EDT 2010

Cleverson wrote:
> After setting up Arch Linux using the Talking-Arch on VirtualBox, I went
> to install it on my real machine, but the CD does not start talking.
*SNIP*
> I have a GRML and some Ubuntu CDs that start talking normally. Is there
> any command I could issue while running one of those CDs to discover
> what to do for Arch?

I may not be unmuting one of the controls on your sound card.
I went through this once before, with another Intel model.

Could you save the output from amixer when you boot into Grml or
Ubuntu?
amixer > amixer-output.txt
Then copy that to a flash drive, floppy, or whatever, and send it to me.

I should probably have another look at Grml and Ubuntu's sound scripts
as well.

-- Chris