speakup in ubuntu 10.04

Bill Cox waywardgeek at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 15:09:43 EDT 2010

I've read that to get espeakup working well with pulseaudio, you need
to compile it with pulseaudio support enabled, which for some unknown
reason is not currently the default.  I'll probably be looking into
this in the next few weeks, since speechd-up has a problem where it
says Capital all the time, which drives people nuts, and we'll
probably ship Vinux 3.0 using espeakup.

Bill