Some audio tutorials for installing archlinux

JP Jamous JP at Jepelsy.com
Mon Apr 5 00:33:50 EDT 2010

Michael,

Wonderful job. I really learned quite a bit as a new Linux user. Here are my
comments though.

1. Considering that the list is diverse, English is a problem. I am Lebanese
and speak Arabic, English and French. However, I have lived in the States
for 16 years and heard so many accents. It took me a couple of minutes to
get used to your accent.

Nothing wrong with it. Yet, I had to listen carefully to pick up on how you
pronounce your words. To solve this, I would recommend you speak slowly.
Also avoid any day to day rambling, as I like to call it. This is when you
do not pronounce the word fully and or you chop off some letters. Those are
really hard on people who do not speak good English and or do not have
experiences with different dialects.

The same goes to your SWSpeak. It was running too fast to understand it. I
would recommend you slow it down. This way, both new and advanced users can
keep up. Let's take as an example JAWS when it first installs. It runs the
default speed rate, which is understandable by everyone. I later end up
increasing it to 50%, which is what I like.

2. I would recommend you have an outline at first. Think of it as a table of
contents explaining what you are going to do in details and each step.

For example, I followed the installation with a few questions.

1. Did you install SWSpeak first to have speech output than you installed
the operating system?

2. How did SWSpeak knew what sound card you were using and how did it
install without an operating system installed.

Those are the kinds of questions a new user would be wondering. This way,
you can outline your steps and provide the technical background necessary
for people to understand what is going on behind the scenes.

3. Your MP3 broke and Windows Media Player couldn't read it after the
deletion of the partition. It was obvious that the MP3 coding was damaged at
that point. It could be the server you had it on. I downloaded about 27 mb
of the file.

4. If you would like a server to publish it. I would be more than happy to
provide you with space on my server. I am really beginning to get into Linux
and with a FTP account, you can just upload your web site and people can
download it easily. Get back with me on this one if you are interested. You
can e-mail me off the list so we do not waste other members' time.

In summation, great work. I got the feel of how it runs and hearing it is a
great tool. This way, you can follow through.