stty and NUL

james collins james.collins75 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 12:44:04 EDT 2009

Hello,
I am trying to use stty to append a NUL character. I tried the
following at a shell prompt:
stty ofill nl1
That is en-el-one, when I ran this command I got back a shell prompt,
but I don't know if it is working? I also had a couple of questions
about stty: 1. Does stty reset to defaults when I exit the shell, in
other words, if I typed in the stty command and then exited my shell,
if I reopened my shell would the stty command still be in effect? I
don't want to append two NUL characters? 2. I am trying to figure out
what the stty ofill fill character, is for my mac mac os x 10.6? I
know this is a little off-topic so feel free to respond privately.

Sent from my iPhone