Patch for DECTalk Express driver

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Tue Sep 29 19:17:30 EDT 2009

Hi,

As I suspected, the [:vs] command made no difference. I'm sure it works
on the DEC PC, but not the Express. Probably something that should be
fixed with my patch is that it still lets you adjust the volume up and
down, but it doesn't actually do anything. In other words, I can set the
volume to whatever number and it will happily tell me that it has
changed even though it doesn't actually do anything. I'm sure that will
be a source of confusion later. This is my first attempt at modifying
anything other than BASIC for public consumption, so I had no idea how
to disable the volume announcement messages.