which distros include speakup

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Tue Sep 29 01:37:36 EDT 2009

Hi,

Let me just add here that I am very impressed with Debian. I just did a
new install with a recent daily build. Not only was Speakup included in
the installer but it was very recent. I think it was 3.1.3 but it might
have been 3.1.2. I actually had a problem after installation because the
Speakup in stable is very old. I eventually got it upgraded but I was
happy to see that it's still included in the daily builds and isn't very
far behind the current release. I must thank Samuel Thibault for all the
work he has done to keep Speakup current and to make sure that it's part
of the installer. He's working on a version with software speech but
I'll let him announce that.