Patch For DecTalk Driver

Trevor Astrope astrope at tabbweb.com
Mon Sep 28 12:31:35 EDT 2009

Yeah, I also get this and the pitch stays at 100 or whatever value it is
currently set to. The way to get it back to the non-caps pitch is to Type
an uppercase letter followed by a lowercase letter. Reading a capitalized
word letter by letter will also work after you read the uppercase
character and then the next character that is lowercase.

I'm also using a 2.0 version of speakup on an older kernel, so this may
not even be applicable to newer speakup/kernel versions.