Need help getting started! Cannot access the Speakup Reflectorto chat.

Peter Tesar ptesar at ca.inter.net
Wed Sep 16 17:04:30 EDT 2009

Thanks for responding.

There is still a lot of things that I don't know in order to connect to the
Speakfreely Reflector. I don't even know if I am doing the correct thing to
post messages to the list members.

I started the speakfre.exe program and selected the new connection. I pasted
in to the host edit field the gene2.ait.iastate.edu:4074.

It must have worked because this time the screen shows legitimate
information including:

The host name that you provided
An address with many numbers
An e-mail address
and an amount of money that is being saved.

I don't understand your instruction to forward port numbers or put windows
box in DMZ

Where do these port numbers go? How does Windows fit in and when?

Thanks.

Peter