Fetching from gmail

Trevor Saunders trev.saunders at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 11:04:55 EDT 2009

hi,

no ssl cert is necessary, here is the relevant part of my fetchmailrc.  then I usually then just do fetchmail -d 50 to have fetchmail poll gmail every 50 seconds.  The site that says generating a ssl cert is incorrect all you need is to tell fetchmail to use ssl.

poll pop.gmail.com with proto POP3  with options no dns
user trev.saunders at gmail.com
password  <my password>
ssl
is tbsaunde
mda procmail

by the way if anyone uses fetchmail with imap and retrieves multiple folders I would be interested to know the syntax for this in my .fetchmailrc.

Trev