grub2 and sound/beep

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Wed Nov 25 04:34:13 EST 2009

The below is incorrect. It is still being maintained until grub2 is out
of beta and is considered stable. You're right about no new features,
but from my memory of the page on gnu.org, it's still maintained for bug
fixes. Also, I had no problem getting it to work with XFS. I haven't yet
tried grub2, but I've read of several cases of systems becoming
unbootable after the switch.