grub2 and sound/beep

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sun Nov 22 17:38:33 EST 2009

So, are there any advantages in moving to grub2 at all? I did find an
Arch package for grub2; I downloaded but did not install it.  I opened
the package which is much a compressed tar ball of the package and
found only one info page.  There skeleton directories there for man
pages but no man page content.

At this point, I can't be convinced to switch.  There was no menu.lst
in the package; I did recognize some config files I recall seeing in
the original Debian package of the same.  But since this affects how
my machine will boot and I dual boot, I have to be really careful.  I
usually don't mind upgrading to latest versions of packages but
booting and having speech are crucial to me if ya know what I mean.