Fetching from gmail

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Thu Nov 12 17:05:10 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 08:24:39PM -0500, Christopher Moore wrote:
> Steve,
> How do you tell mutt to copy a message to trash.

	I press 't' to tag the messages, one at a time, then use the ';'
semi-colon to highlight all tagged messages, then use uppercase 'C' to
copy, then '?' question mark to call up a dir listing, 'End' to go to
the last entry (which is the Trash folder on my system), and voila, the
tagged messages are moved from All-Mail to Trash.  Then I 'c' to change
dirst to Trash and 'd' to delete all the messages in Trash.  A total
pain in the backside, which is why I use POP3, have as much time as I
want to reply without Google dropping connection and crashing mutt, etc.
I may have to use msmtp to send the mail and fetchmail to grab it, but
it werx.  Booting mutt with a special config for it all is only an alias
away.

			Michael