Speakupconf

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Fri Mar 27 16:21:47 EDT 2009

I installed speakup-tools in debian unstable.

I can change the parameters in speakup with echo but load and save both
give me errors when run as root. I do now have /etc/speakup/ltlk and
full_time shows 40000 there. but here's what happens with load snd save
command.

Load:
cat: write error: Invalid argument
cat: write error: Invalid argument
cat: write error: Invalid argument
cat: write error: Invalid argument
cat: write error: Invalid argument
cat: write error: Invalid argument
cat: write error: Invalid argument

save:
cp: omitting directory `.'
cp: reading `lang': Invalid argument
cp: reading `silent': Operation not permitted

I looked at the speakupconf man page but this didn't help. btw it lists
save and restore but if i try restore I'm told the options are save and
load.

--
Cheryl