speakup.synth= vs modprobe

al Sten-Clanton Albert.E.Sten_Clanton at verizon.net
Thu Mar 26 15:06:54 EDT 2009

"Hmm...
Modules are separate from kernel, so kernel parameter speakup.synth can't
work if kernel doesn't ewen know what is speakup.
Add your proper speakup modules to some files to make the debian
automatically load it.
I don't remember where you can do this.
Thanks."

Does this mean that, unlike with, say, Fedora 9 or the earlier versions of
GRML, you can't have speakup available early in the boot process?  I was
able to work around this for Fedora 10 using mkinitrd, but I couldn't find
that program when I tried this with the latest GRML.  I ask only in part out
of curiosity.  Thanks!

Al