trouble accessing a hard drive

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Sat Mar 21 15:30:06 EDT 2009

Hi,
I have a machine here running I think slackware 10.2 with kernel 2.4.32.
I would like to take a complete backup of the filesystem, so I put the
drive into a machine running slackware 12.1 (2.6.24.5).  The partitions
on the disk don't show up...the drive has two partitions, swap and ext3,
and I can see them fine on the system itself running kernel 2.4.32, but
on any 2.6.x system it appears that there is one partition acording to
fdisk (type 55/EZ-Drive).  Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

--
Shoot me again.
Just proving that the quickest way to solve the problem is to post a