denyhosts quandry

Jayson Smith jaybird at bluegrasspals.com
Fri Mar 20 21:46:12 EDT 2009

Public key authentication is, as I understand it, extremely secure. If
someone doesn't have your private key, chances are that they won't be
getting in, no matter how much they try. Unfortunately, it also involves an
element of risk. Assuming you've disabled password authentication, if you
should ever lose your private key, you won't be getting in either. So be
sure and have several backups of your keypair, and in particular, your
private key, since without it, your system will be locked down to even you.
Just don't let it fall into the wrong hands.
Jayson