Mlbviewer

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Wed Mar 18 11:38:37 EDT 2009

Cheryl,

Were you using apt-get, or aptitude? I have found that aptitude is a
much smarter tool than apt-get, and gives you much more information
about what will be happening during an upgrade so you can cancel if it
appears you might lose an important application if you proceed. In
those cases, I would just say no thanks, not today thanks, and usually
in a day or two the situation is once again safe to proceed. apt-get is
not nearly as careful as aptitude in that respect.

Chuck