espeak and the letter z

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sun Mar 15 15:30:48 EDT 2009

reported.  Since I use a RAMFS I had to do a 'update-initramfs -u' and
that got me to use the correct speakup modules.  It appears that most
of the speakup parameters are updating with speakupconf load now.  I
still make a couple observations but I will have to trace the script
and see if I can offer more details.  But at least I don't get a bunch
of errors like I did previously.

But I just tried to restore an updated characters from my saved
parameters and that doesn't work.  I can save individual chars like
'122 z' and that seemed to update correctly with a kernel message that
one character was replaced.  So I may have to rethink how speakupconf
will work.  Hmmm, maybe a rewrite is in order.