looking for: ssh hosting

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Wed Mar 11 10:17:17 EDT 2009

Tyler Littlefield wrote:
> They offer tons of space, though that's not really needed, as they
> don't allow you to use the site for "personal storage."

As of when?  As of now, they offer unlimited space with up to 50 GB for
personal backups.  I know of no other web host that lets you store any
personal files at all, so that looks like a good deal to me.

> They offer ssh, though  haven't figured out what bash they're
> using--it only shows machine name, not the actual path like every
> other ssh I've been on.

Hmm?  The bash shell is bash, except for version differences.  What
about uploading a custom .bash_profile or .bashrc?  The bash shell by
default just displays a $ without a custom prompt.