Something Broken in Speakup with spkout

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Fri Mar 6 17:51:58 EST 2009

Interesting observation about saving the values.  That might explain
why it works better with one synth and not another.  Maybe the saved
values in my spkout directory are no good or something.  The ones for
soft seem to be OK and after my recent problems with speakupconf and
talkwith failing due to bad $0 issues, maybe the saved values got
fowled or something.  Maybe I'll start over with a new script from git
which has a -v in it and I can produce a list of the offending
parameters.