[Fwd: [VINUX] Installation Audio Walk-Through]

Georgina Joyce ready2golinux at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 29 05:58:22 EDT 2009

-------- Forwarded Message --------
> From: drbongo <vinux.development at googlemail.com>
> To: The Vinux Development Forum <vinux-development at googlegroups.com>
> Subject: [VINUX] Installation Audio Walk-Through
> Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 06:15:16 -0700 (PDT)
>
> Georgina's audio walkthroughs are now also from the website from these
> URL's:
>
> mp3 version - http://vinux.org.uk/downloads/old/2.0/vinux_2.0_alpha-2_text_install_mp3.zip
> ogg version - http://vinux.org.uk/downloads/old/2.0/vinux_2.0_alpha-2_text_install_ogg.zip
>
> Here is the contents of the readme file contained in the zip folder:
>
> Welcome to the audio walk-through of vinux 2.0 alpha-2.  Viunx has
> moved from using Ubuntu and now for this version using debian Lenny.
>
> In my eagerness to get this recording done.  I neglected to explain
> how to get to the console to start the install process.  When vinux
> has finished booting and you have heard orca.  Simply press "alt +
> control +F1".  Press the number "5" of the numeric keypad and you
> should hear speakup read the bash prompt.  This tells you who is
> logged in at what machine and what privileges they have by the symbol
> at the end of the line.
>
> As stated on the recording, you now need to login as root.  You do
> this by typing "sudo su".
>
> Enjoy
>
> Gena R2GL

Gena

four kinds of freedom, for the users of the software:

    * The freedom to run the program, for any purpose (freedom 0).
    * The freedom to study how the program works, and adapt it to your
needs (freedom 1). Access to the source code is a precondition for this.
    * The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your neighbor
(freedom 2).
    * The freedom to improve the program, and release your improvements
to the public, so that the whole community benefits (freedom 3). Access
to the source code is a precondition for this.

Richard Matthew Stallman