speakupconf problem and fix

Adam Myrow myrowa at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 23 19:10:33 EDT 2009

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009, William Hubbs wrote:

> Chris and I came up with a solution for this issue, and the fix is
> checked into git.  Adam, can you do another pull and let me know if the
> change we made works for you?

It seems to work perfectly, and although probably a bit slower than the
original method, is more portable.  Thanks for explaining why using -perm
wasn't the right solution.  I never run speakupconf as a regular user, so
didn't notice the difference.  Since I'm the only user on my computer, I
just do a "speakupconf load" in /etc/rc.d/rc.local at boot up.  I wonder
why Slackware stuck with an old version of find?  I know they have been
reluctant to upgrade to BASH 4 because of some incompatibilities that
they've encountered in testing, so maybe, it was something similar.
anyway, thanks for the quick response.