speakup i18n question

Hermann meinelisten at onlinehome.de
Thu Jun 18 10:51:50 EDT 2009

On 18.06.2009 at 16:39:54 Willem van der Walt <wvdwalt at csir.co.za> wrote:

> Good day,
> Thanks for adding the i18n stuff.  I have compiled and am now running the
> new version of speakup and started to do the Afrikaans translations.

I did so for German.

> How are this going to work at the end?  Would one keep a copy of the files
> in the i18n directory and then cat them to
> sys/accessibility/speakup/i18n/* each time you want to change language?
> Are there plans to keep directories according to language code or is there
> another way these things will work?

My approach is to copy the necessary settings by using speakupconf.
You get a copy of your configuration in /etc/speakup; there's an i18n
folder as well.
You then edit the needed files here. Be aware of some work. :-(

> Am I missing something?

Maybe there is a different way, but my approach fits my needs.
One question to the native English speakers: What means "bleep"?
Hermann