reading text ccontinuously

Arthur Pirika arfy at andrelouis.com
Mon Jun 15 14:02:09 EDT 2009

hi, I've got a fairly fresh install of archLinux, which I got gnome working,
but it seems to freeze every so often, not sure how to get around that one.
However, I can basically do everything from the console, except for two
things.

1. Is it possible to read a document continuously? Say a manual page, or a
document in emacs, or vi, whatever. Instead of reading screen by screen, is
there a way of moving the review cursor as speakup reads? If not, is there
another way of having a hole file read?

2, is there a way to access skype from the console? If preferable, I'd like
to stay in the console, so, if anyone has suggestions, I'd apreciate them.

thanks,
Arthur.