speakup: built-in, or module

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Wed Jun 10 16:01:06 EDT 2009

Now that speakup is totally modularized with more recent kernel
versions, I am curious whether anyone still modifies one of those
kernels to build speakup in, and if so what the advantages might be.

I am also curious about where the speakup parameters might be found in
the event that speakup is built into a recent kernel. Would there still
be a /sys/module/speakup/parameters directory, if speakup were not a
module?

Chuck

--
The Moon is Waning Gibbous (92% of Full)
                  My web site: www.hallenbeck.ftml.net