Speakup.conf and the switch-synth scripts

Hermann meinelisten at onlinehome.de
Thu Jun 4 15:29:18 EDT 2009

On 04.06.2009 17:59, Chuck Hallenbeck wrote:
> Hi Hermann,
>
> I no longer have speech-dispatcher installed here, so if you want to
> work out a fix for the missing -x option for speechd-up, I would be
> happy to have it.

The option is there, but it doesn't matter whether I use it or not.
And further tests showed that this only occurs with Espeak, e. g., I
always hear "capital" when a word contains a capital letter, no matter
what I've set up in SD.
I additionally have Voxin installed, and with this synth everything
works as expected.
I'm no scripter, so I don't know what exactly to do. I think the first
step should be to figure out why this behavior occurs.
Hermann