speakup using different synths with software speech?

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Thu Jun 4 07:08:57 EDT 2009

Who said anything about paying for Windows? I got it installed from the
dealer who built the machine, or with my Dell machines, directly from
Dell when I got it. I've never had to pay for Windows in my life and I'm
not sure why I would. I understand the licensing is different for Vista
and Windows 7, but with Windows 98 and XP, I just have my dealer install
it for me. That also saves me the trouble of getting sighted help. I'm
not opposed to spending money on speech, but I've already sunk a fortune
into hardware synths which have a lot better quality, so the idea of
buying software speech is foreign to me. Also, I've had my income cut
twice this year already, so I really can't afford any other expenses
right now if I had to because the money just isn't there. I know of at
least one other person on this list who uses Linux because money is an
issue, and two others who still use DOS, partially for the same reason.