Unix

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 11:27:51 EDT 2009

Are you sure this is a .tar file and not a .tar.gz or .tar.bz2? The
reason I ask is because YASR is a source distribution, and such files
are usually packed as something-x.xx.tar.gz or something-x.xx.tar.bz2,
where something is the name of the application and x.xx is the version
number. If it's just a tar file without the gz or bz2, you can simply
use tar to unpack it with the command you found. If it's tar.gz, you
will need to use xzvf instead of xvf, and if it's tar.bz2, you will need
to use xjvf instead of xvf. Either way, the YASR source code will be
unpacked in a folder called yasr-0.6.9/ under the folder you are in when
you unpack it. At that point, you can do

cd yasr-0.6.9
./configure
make
make install

and if you have all the proper packages to compile source code,
everything should work properly after editing the config file. Sorry, I
don't know what packages come with MacOS for building source code, so
you may end up needing to try to find a precompiled binary if it exists.

HTH,
Kyle

--
  Jesus you're my life.