Unix

David Poehlman david.poehlman at handsontechnologeyes.com
Tue Jul 28 14:02:36 EDT 2009

You have lost me here.  if you want something for the command line,
why care about the gui interface?
You will not find anything better than voiceover in terminal for the
mac.

On Jul 28, 2009, at 1:36 PM, james collins wrote:

thanks for the response. i am going to look into YASR, i don't know
but i think i tried voiceover, and i didn't like how it changed the
gui interface. i wanted a screen reader just for terminal, and to fool
around with. i actually have a doubletalk speech synthesizer which i
was using with ms dos. it stopped working and i am going to send the
synthesizer to rc systems inc. to have it tested. from what i read
speakup supported the doubletalk pc/lt. but i guess i can't use
speakup. i had been reading in the doubltalk documentation that you
could make the synthesizer speak spanish and you could even develop
your own programs that incorporated speech, and you could actually
program the tone generator in the doubletalk. that is the kind of
thing i am interested in.