Unix

David Poehlman david.poehlman at handsontechnologeyes.com
Tue Jul 28 11:57:19 EDT 2009

Speakup does not work with the version of free bsd in leopard but
voiceover works well in terminal so there is really no need to use
linu with speakup.

On Jul 28, 2009, at 11:43 AM, Hermann wrote:

On 28.07.2009 at 17:10:46 james collins <james.collins75 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
> I am a speakup newbie. I own a MacBook pro laptop running mac os x
> 10.5.7 I think. I was just wondering if I could use speakup with this
> computer, from what I know the mac os is a version of unix.

Is the OS Leppard? If so, why don't you use Voiceover?

> I want to
> use speakup at the command line, there is a program called terminal on
> my laptop and when I open it it opens a unix shell
> I think.

I doubt that this will succeed, but I don't know exactly.

> I just
> wondered if I could configure speakup to work on my laptop or do I
> have to be running Linux, also I wondered if there is a big difference
> between Linux and unix. Any help would be appreciated.

I fear you have to use a natural Linux. MacOS is based on Unix, but this
does not mean, that they are identical.
I wonder if I'm wrong.
Hermann