working on a webpage describing distro-specific support for Speakup

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Tue Jul 28 02:58:00 EDT 2009

Chris, I just came over to Arch from Slackware and have used Slackware
from clear back in 1994.  Depending on what version you were using in
2006, The procedure hasn't changed much at all.

Would you like me to download the pages and add something or do you
want to do it.  The main thing to get the system booted with speech is
to use the standard first CD image (#1).  After the disk stops
spinning, type the following.
speakup.s speakup.synth=??????
where ?????? is the synthesizer of choice.  I personally use spkout
for my speakout serial synthesizer.  So far, software speech is not
supported at initial boot time.