problems with newer Speakup

Adam Myrow myrowa at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 27 20:17:41 EDT 2009

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009, Chris Brannon wrote:

> Would you mind testing this one more time, please?  I'd really
> appreciate it.

Yep, it is working properly now.  Thanks for the quick fix.  Now, do you
have any idea why the Dectalk splits contractions?  For example, when
Speakup sees the word "don't," the Dectalk pronounces it "don t."  It's as
if the apostrophe were being treated as a space.  This is
Speakup-specific, since this never happens if I echo a contraction to
/sys/accessibility/speakup/synth_direct.  This has been a problem with the
Dectalk drivers since day one.