Ethernet not working, a weird one!

Jayson Smith ratguy at insightbb.com
Sat Jul 25 16:40:45 EDT 2009

Hi,

     Yes, we got a direct lightning hit. The hit came in on our ham radio
tower. We're not that much into ham radio any more, so there is now one less
ham radio tower in the world. We do have surge protectors and computers are
on UPS's, as is our router and cable modem. The cable line is hooked up to
the UPS, where it then goes to the modem. All of that didn't help. It burned
up the actual cable. Not cable modem, that was fine... actual cable. A few
of our neighbors lost cable, also lost routers. One guy had his car parked
nearby. It melted his fuse box and destroyed his GPS.
Jayson