installing speakup in fedora?

Justin Mann w9fyi at cox.net
Mon Jul 20 18:35:17 EDT 2009

On 07/20/2009 02:09 PM, William Hubbs wrote:

William
Thanks for your help I sincerely appreciate it. Ideally I would like to
get fedora, orca and speakup working with ttsynth, or some hire quality
synthesizer than e-speak Fedora 11 shipps with Festivol, when it is
installed, and that was so slow... So I tried following the instructions
for downloading gnome-speech on the orca website and got that done. Now,
I need to get some kind of console access etc with a software
synthesizer. I'd love to have my old dec-talk express and use that, but
I no longer have serial ports on my computer so I'm limited to using a
software synthe. I hope that makes sense...
Thanks