configuring asterisk:cheap phone?

Brent Harding bharding at doorpi.net
Thu Jul 16 17:54:30 EDT 2009

I would try for a cheap local number in your grandma's area from someone
like Vitelity. Is there anyone else around in the states that will just give
you a number like this without dealing with extra hardware without dealing
with printing and filling out paper forms? The main technical issue I see
with this is finding a cheap virtual server provider out there that supports
the Zaptel stuff and/or has images like PBX In A Flash or Trixbox to just
get it going quickly. It's probably better for education to learn it the
manual way, but for something like this, I'd want access to a solution like
you described hooked up to an unlimited outgoing for the US plan.