2.6.30 kernel issues

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Tue Jul 14 12:31:56 EDT 2009

My unstable debian system upgraded to kernel 2.6.30-1 but I keep checking
and there aren't speakup modules for it yet; usually the modules come out
pretty quickly after the kernel. I know there can be lots of reasons for
delays and I'm not being impatient; just wondered if anybody knows
anything about this.

Also I'm having mplayer issues with the 2.6.30 kernel; it skips little
bits of content when playing mp3 files and on streams cuts in and out so
that it eventually quits playing altogether. I'm using the svn of mplayer
and so maybe I need to upgrade that. Has anybody else had issues with
mplayer and the 2.6.30 kernel? I don't seem to have the same issues with
vlc.

I'd just go back to the 2.6.29 kernel
for now except that for some reason now when I go back to that kernel my
pcmcia wireless card which uses the ath5k module drops to abysmal download
rates even just for loading a webpage.

--
Cheryl