disappearing /sys/accessibility/speakup

Hermann meinelisten at onlinehome.de
Wed Jul 8 04:21:04 EDT 2009

On 08.07.2009 at 01:07:11 "al Sten-Clanton" <Albert.E.Sten_Clanton at verizon.net> wrote:

> I'm using GRML 2009.05 on my hard drive at the moment.  I can't even find on
> it the directory /sys/accessibility/speakup, nor even /sys/accessibility.
> Indeed, I thought that change in speakup directories came after the arrival
> of the latest GRML.  Am I missing something?  Thanks!

Yes. With the latest GRML, there came Speakup 3.03, and it is originally
compiled with the kernel. This is the reason why it situates different
then the later installed 3.1.
When using the latest version with GIT, it is possible to install
Speakup even if it has not been compiled with the kernel (for example in
Ubuntu).
But you will see a different structure.
Hermann