Speech-dispatcher

Paul Hunt huntp at ukonline.co.uk
Fri Jan 30 08:17:50 EST 2009

Hi,

Yes, spd-say works.

Also, speechd-up --run-single --probe works so everything is alright here.

I think I jumped the gun in assuming I've got the speakup modules installed
properly.

When I try to activate the driver with modprobe speakup_soft start=1 as
Willum said to do I get no errors but there is no /proc/speakup directory
and nothing is happening.

I have created /dev/softsynth.

speechd-up's log file says that it could not generate init speakup/proc
tables for characters and character types.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Paul