speakup is nice

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Jan 19 11:11:02 EST 2009

Hear, hear, John! I certainly agree. Speakup is still my screen reader
of choice. I tend to have 23 Speakup consoles open, and 1 graphical
Desktop console with Orca. I still use vim, mutt, and even lynx a
lot--even though I now also use Orca a lot.

If I'm having trouble with one of my machines, I always solve it using
Speakup. I never solve it using Orca. Heavens, it mostly wouldn't even
be possible to solve it with Orca!

Janina