speakup is nice

James Homuth james at the-jdh.com
Tue Jan 13 13:00:23 EST 2009

My only knock against Speakup is it's strictly command line based. If I'm
sitting in front of a linux desktop, I want to be able to use a lot of the
actual desktop applications. Certain IM clients, for example. Plus, my
limited money for hardware means I can't wander out and get my hands on a
speech synth. Otherwise, when I install linux on my laptop in the next month
or so I'd go with Speakup over Orca.