speakup is nice

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Tue Jan 13 11:40:30 EST 2009

I think it's not said often enough. Speakup is really, really nice. Lets
face it, when the chips are down, you always fall back on speakup don't you?
I know I do. The accessible debian install,er, talking grml CD, plus several
a talking Windows installer I built myself. They all depend on speakup.
Speakup is like that old PC you have that always works even when that new
flashiy one is on the fritz again.You know what I mean? You've got your
flashy new laptop or whatever but in an emergency, don't you want your old
one running speakup? Say your network is down and you need to make a serial
port connection. What do you want? I want speakup. When a machine won't
boot, you put in your grml CD with speakup don't you? If I'm in a panic, I
always just want something with speakup.

--
John G. Heim
jheim at math.wisc.edu 3-4189