looking for a set of applications

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Sun Jan 11 15:24:35 EST 2009

apt-get install calamaris

or apt-get install sarg

You'd then need to read the documentation and configure the finor points of
these programs.
You'd also need a copy of squid on the local box and tell the browsers to
operate through squid.

If these users do not cover their tracks just look through their web history
to see where they went.

If users unset proxy then they bypass your logging, this is possible to fix
but is a bit involved.

I will provide no further technical support on the above so please do your
own research on squid, sarg and calamaris.
If you wish to block porn sites then you might want dansguardian or
squidguard.
I find squidguard difficult to configure but it does work.
There are also chastity-blacklist packages that will block a lot of adult
sites.

It is also possible to register with opendns and tell opendns to block porn
adult sites etc,
create an account on www.opendns.com and take a look.
Regards, Kerry.