mail problems debian

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Mon Jan 5 17:36:44 EST 2009

There's a lock feature in procmail that is supposed to prevent corrupted
mailboxes. I've never tried going without it so I'm not sure that is your
problem. The second colon on the first line of a procmail recipe specifies
the use of locking. So :0 means do not use a lock file. :0: means use the
default lock file. :0:lockfile means use a lock file and call it 'lockfile'.
If you don't use tha lock file, 2 procmail processes may try to write to the
mailbox at the same time.