Tip for installing espeakup

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Tue Feb 10 20:41:32 EST 2009

Hi,

I hit a snag when issuing "make install" with the latest espeakup, but
solved it simply enough. The error message suggested that the install
program was not found. The Makefile refers to it as: $(INSTALL), so on
a hunch, I added this to my /etc/profile:

export INSTALL=install

After restarting my root session, the espeakup make install worked
normally. I am on a Debian Lenny system here, not sure I've ever needed
that environment variable before.

Chuck

--
The Moon is Waning Gibbous (97% of Full)

                  My web site: www.hallenbeck.ftml.net
                      See also: www.wedit2.ml1.net
                                --------
Exhilaration is that feeling you get just after a great idea hits you,
and just before you realize what is wrong with it.