Lynx startup file problem SOLVED

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Mon Feb 9 01:14:15 EST 2009

First I looked at my .lynxrc and saw it currently had nothing for the
startfile so I wondered where the startfile that was being unsucessfully
attempted had come from. So I went into lynx and hit o for option and hit
enter on the link for viewing the cfg file. The lynx.cfg was, as I had
thought, /etc/lynx-cur/lynx.cfg. But I noticed there was a line that said
include and had /etc/lynx-cur/local.cfg and under the information for the
local.cfg was listed the startfile which had been unsuccessfully trying to
load. so of course i immediately edited /etc/lynx-cur/local.cfg and
changed the startfile there and that solved the problem. I don't know if
this is a lynx adaptation or a debian adaptation; I suppose the idea is to
make some changes without editing the main lynx.cfg file. I'll have to
look through /etc/lynx-cur/local.cfg and see if anything else I tried to
do in the lynx.cfg file is being overridden. Glad I discovered this.

--
Cheryl