Mobile Broadband - e220 - T-Mobile

Georgina Joyce gena at mga.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 8 12:12:28 EST 2009

Hi All

I'm banging my head here and wondered if anyone here can offer some
advice.

I've a Acer Aspire 1 netbook.  I've dumped the KDE based distro and put
debian Lenny on it.  I've signed up to T-Mobile broadband here in the
UK.  They supplied a e220 USB modem.  I've got the hso module built
along with the necessary udev rules in place.

I can't find the right settings for T-Mobile to use wvdial, it's the
phone number that is causing the problem.

I understand that Ubuntu users can install network-manager 0.7 which is
a svn build.  I feel anxious to attempt to install the Ubuntu package
for the same reasons I don't want to build from source.  I'd just rather
keep within the package management system.  All those deps....

Is there another option open to me?  Anyone else using the e220 modem?
What approach have you used?

   Thanks!
--
Gena