[OT] emulating a hardware synth

Brent Harding bharding at doorpi.net
Tue Feb 3 19:16:15 EST 2009

Ah, I was trying /dev/ttys0, 1, etc, thinking it wanted linux notation. I
suppose I have to use com 3 and 4 to keep it within standard limits, as this
machine only has com1 anyways. I tested it with 3 and 4, the emulator on 3
and connecting with hyper terminal on 4, and if I typed "this is a test" and
hit enter, it took about 5 seconds, but JFW did eventually speak it. I don't
know if using a system like this would be too great or if it'd be possible
to install something like Trixbox which is based on CentOS that has no
speech support on another machine, but at least we could independently use
Fedora in a virtual machine now with this, maybe.